Friday 11 September 2015

Elite fun!

This week was ridiculously exciting...for a couple reasons! 

On Thursday I was invited through work to a big event at Canada Running Series announcing an elite runner who just registered for the marathon. So naturally my wonderful sister let me skip her welcome home dinner for this once in a lifetime opportunity and I'm so grateful she did! 

At the event, they officially announced Lanni Merchant as having entered the marathon! Unbelievably exciting! And I got to meet her! She is so sweet and humble and kind...and quick. I was running with my boss and everyone else, and off they went, leaving me way behind...which normally I am ok with, who cares about being last, I'm still doing it...but in front of Lanni, you don't want to be last. Anyways, we did a 5k run (easy for everyone else, most definitely a tempo run for this girl) and got some awesome photos...check em out ya'll! 






This photo made it into the Canada Running Series newsletter! 


No comments:

Post a Comment