Tuesday 8 September 2015

Night Race!

I did a race...and oh boy was it a treat! 

My friend came in from Guelph for the weekend for birthday celebrations and it was a blast but oh boy did it affect my race. 

The race was on Saturday night, which sounds like it would be fun. You have to wear a head lamp which pretty much just makes for awesome photos but makes you feel utterly ridiculous. 



As you can see...ridiculous, but it made for a great photo! 

The race was interesting...I'm discovering more about races and what I value in them and what I don't. I definitely value an interesting course because that was easily the most boring course I've ever done. I don't recommend it unless you are doing it with a friend. 

I was lucky enough to have my amazing cheering squad looking for "the skinny one in yellow"...I love them both. I loved the McDonald's we got at the end just as much. 



My time on this race was pretty amazing. The first 10k I ever did I was 8 seconds slower and it was entirely down hill. I did the night race in 1:04:12 and it was totally flat. This does tell me that I've likely increased my speed because downhill races are not an accurate telling of my real time! 

Alas, onto the next races! 

Also...check the photo bomb...we're so good



No comments:

Post a Comment