Thursday 25 June 2015

The Training Has Begun!

Well, tonight was the big night! The training for the Scotiabank Half Marathon has begun! Which is quite funny because I was also officially registered today. I guess this means I have to do it now...

I've started training with the High Park Running Room, which is great but terrifying. Have you seen the hills in High Park?! Also the number of people who run from High Park is insane- 60 people in the half marathon clinic! I didn't even know 60 people ran. Seriously. 

So we've been divided into our pace groups and obviously I picked the slowest group. Which I found out is also the most fun. The coach brought a water gun to the last half marathon and sprayed people in the last 1k to make them run faster- so perfect. My kind of people. 

What I've realized since the Nike run and now is three things:
1) I need some major motivation with quotes and things. So far I've bought a phone case, a necklace with distances and in considering getting a running tattoo.
2) I seriously miss running when I don't do it. And I don't need to train for things but I need to run. It's interesting how quickly it becomes a part of your life. 
3) I only run to get a medal in the end. Seriously. There is little point to me otherwise! 

Remember how I said I had to bribe myself to finish the 15k with new shoes? Well here they are! They went out for their first 3.5k tonight. They are much lighter than my other shoes and definitely have more cushion. 

A little reminder that if I believe it, I can do it. I've proven that to myself already- why would this be any different? 

No comments:

Post a Comment